NACAS West offers our members increased opportunities to take advantage of professional development initiatives.
*Candidacy years are fiscal years, July 1 – June 30
- The CASP (Certified Auxiliary Services Professional) Candidate Program covers the testing fees for three (3) NACAS West members to take the CASP certification or re certification exam during the NACAS Annual Conference (National) each year.
- NACAS West will also cover the candidate’s registration fees for the NACAS West Conference (Regional) during their year of candidacy* should the CASP Candidate successfully pass the exam. Special recognition of this accomplishment will be acknowledged during the NACAS West Conference (Regional).
- Only a successful passing grade on the exam will constitute the waiving of registration fees for the NACAS West Conference (Regional). All other expenses will be the responsibility of the grant recipients, such as travel expenses for both the National and Regional conferences, national conference registration fees, expenses for any meals, and all other expenses for incidentals.
- Applicants must be an employee of a NACAS West member institution that holds current membership in good standing. Applicants for candidacy must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S. or Canadian regionally accredited college or university or foreign equivalent.
- Applicants for candidacy must have four year’s full-time experience in management (within the last ten years) directly related to auxiliary/ancillary services (non-academic support services) in higher education. Applicants must exercise their first attempt at taking the CASP exam in the year the grant is awarded or be currently certified and seeking CASP re-certification.
Selection Process:Candidacy selection will be awarded based on weighted selection criteria. Preference may be awarded to individuals who:
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully pass the CASP exam.
- Successfully outline how obtaining a CASP designation would enhance or has enhanced their career.
- CASP Candidates will be selected by June 15 each year, with their candidacy beginning July 1 of that year and ending June 30 the following year.
- Recipients will be notified via email if they are selected for candidacy.
Additional Information:Only one candidate may be selected from an individual institution each year. NACAS West takes pride in making this program available to as many NACAS West institutions as possible. There is no cash value for awards. All fees for testing registration and conference registration (if applicable) will be paid directly to the sponsoring organizations. CASP Candidates are required to self-register for both the exam and the conference (if applicable). This CASP award is not transferrable to another party in the event that the CASP Candidate cannot attend. Should a selected CASP Candidate be unable to attend the national conference to take the exam in their candidate year, they must immediately notify NACAS West and forfeit their candidacy. The candidate may reapply for consideration in the future. Attendance at the NACAS West Conference is not mandatory. Should a CASP Candidate successfully pass the exam, registration fees for the NACAS West Conference will be waived. This registration waiver is not transferrable to another party in the event that the CASP Candidate cannot attend the NACAS West Conference. Waiver for the NACAS West Conference is only applicable in the CASP Candidate’s year of candidacy. It cannot be transferred to another year. CASP re-certification candidates may only be selected to be a NACAS West CASP candidate for one term and will be ineligible to apply for future CASP Candidacy terms if they are selected. Thank you very much for your interest. Please start with the application now by clicking on the Next button below.